The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

2

I was born second in my family. Done my LKG twice (this is a personal close-to-heart achievement). Done my schooling in two schools. In fact, when I shifted to the second school, my parents had two schools in mind, and as luck would have it, I landed up in the second school because it was in reckoning then!

Then, in the school (of course the second) I was second when I passed out. Even when in it, I was considered second to another friend, but later surpassed him. No offence to him, just my number theory at work! After school, I opted for sciences and finally engineering beckoned. Like any other so called intelligent students, I too applied for IIT. It was my first choice. But then, Number Theory had to chip in and I landed at this institute, my second choice!

Here too, I realised that I had to study only in the second year, that too in its second part and finally on the verge of its completion, when I wanted to do an MBA and appeared for the much coveted CAT, it turned me down. Why wouldn't it? After all, it was my first choice right! So, there I attended interviews for IITs, my second choice. And I got short-listed in one of them, but in the waitlist, ironically at the number TWO! Sure that I will get in, but I am unsure why this two haunts me? I don't consider it bad, but I can't fathom its unprecedented love for me.
In fact for me, being second seems good. True that you don't get all the adulation, but you don't get all the brickbats too. In fact, I am not a person who can sit silent giving away someone else the lion's share. I love the policy of wait and watch. As my friend Rahul would put it, I belong to the 'Yes, But...' bunch!

I don't go on the aggressive mood right away. I test the waters before I dive. Before I get into something, I either do it myself at a lower level or I observe someone at it already. Doesn't that make being number two a safer bet?

When you stay number two, you work with people and observe how things get done. All the major headache goes to the number one. Once you get a proper hold of it, you can always be the number one. This wasn't or isn't my philosophy, but then trying to sleep for the second time today, I was just amused at how the number 2 has played with me.

Is this a co-incidence or is it a delusion? I am afraid it not the second of these too! :P

16 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Saraswathi said...

LKG twice..wah am proud of u:P

 
At March 22, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Saraswathi said...

well i thot the 2nd comment will be more relevant for this post:P
this 2-philosphy seems interesting...

 
At March 23, 2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

ADVICE::apply reverse psychology :P

 
At March 23, 2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

well...

me the '2'nd one to comment...too have done my LKG TWICE..... :)

 
At March 23, 2006 1:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ooopppss....

'twilightgirl'..

commented bfor me...!!!

 
At March 23, 2006 2:35 AM, Blogger Prasoon said...

wait.. a lil factual mistakes in here..
After IITs twas BITS for us n then this place, so effectively 3rd..
n did ya miss out ur "so called gf's" here in this post - u should've ranked them na :P - 1)....... 2) ......... 3)........ 4).......... list continues still n there seems no end to all the gals who fall prey to this aura of urs..
btw, iitd was bound to happen - u already have fans there - right? n did u forget - 250001 isn't far from 110001 ;)

 
At March 23, 2006 3:41 AM, Blogger S.M said...

u forgot 2 add 2 legs,hnds,eyes,ears..... :P..dont think so much be....chill...nevertheless wht i appreciate is u wr abl 2 write so much...n congrats for ur 2nd waitlist in iitd...

 
At March 23, 2006 7:40 AM, Blogger Pandhu said...

Welll. and to add to it.. you have a friend born in the 22nd.

Aahaha...

 
At March 23, 2006 10:24 AM, Blogger PSR Chaitanya said...

This is all because bobli at number 1.
Get this rahu(l) out of the way and see what happens . :P

 
At March 23, 2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Myndfcukd said...

I second PSR.

you know how many girls you got to see before you find the right one.

 
At March 23, 2006 10:16 PM, Blogger Gururaj said...

one more stupid comment:
And now the sum of the numbers of this comment is 2.

 
At March 23, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Mirage said...

Wow! You're lucky...you'll get 'two' of everything! ;)

 
At March 24, 2006 10:51 PM, Blogger laksh said...

congrats for getting in IIT re....by the way my lucky number is 2 [:P]

 
At March 25, 2006 3:47 PM, Blogger [Amod] said...

fortunately the no. is as small as 2!

 
At March 25, 2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

Always number 1's get the credit re. The very reason Rahul Dravid's innings used to get shadowed because his effort always came off the second best. Also in Trackmania racing first fellow gets 10 points, 2nd fellow gets 6 points, 3rd fellow gets 4 points. You see the difference goes down :p

@Prasoon: Zyada logic mat laga.
@Sandeep n Chaitanya: Make some sense. We are discussing The King here.

 
At March 27, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Uday said...

rei.. got that idea after reading your blog only re.. anyway I didn't know about the naveen's blog. but it's a wierd coincidence..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home