The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Delhi Darbar

People told me Delhi is a place worth visiting! Having seen other major cities of India, I didn't expect it to be any different but I was wrong. There is something about Delhi! The cold, the neatness, the crowd, the attitude everything is so very unique about Delhi.

GD-PI were cool, and this is for DA-IICTians at large and for anyone who wants to know about a GD-PI experience.

GD:
Topic: Telivision: Idiot Box or a Knowledge Powerhouse?

GD was chaotic in parts, but peaceful on the whole and everyone got a chance to chip in, just that they had to make multiple tries. There was a guy from Hyderabad who started the GD. It was very clear from his voice that he had multiple calls (I later got it confirmed from him). The way half the people spoke, it was clear that they got properly trained for GDs. They were playing it by the book! All in all, a good experience.

We had a pre- and post-GD discussion with the group outside the panel room. In the pre-GD discussion, we were introducing ourselves to the group and in the post-session, we were talking of PI.

One special thing about the group was that everyone had some link with Hyderabad. There were 2 other freshers, both from Hyderabad. Others were either working in Hyderabad, or were Hyderabadis working elsewhere.

PI:
This was very cool, very unlike the speculations. The panel had 3 members, who were going through my docs when I entered.

1 asked me about ICT, DA-IICT and noted that another guy from my insti had come already.
1: So, do u know him?
Me: Is it Mansjid Das or Rohit or Abhinav? But sir, they have their PIs in the evening.
2: It is Pavan Sabharwal.
1: So, u guyz in a big batallion, eh?!
Me: You have seen just the tip of the ice-berg sir! There are about 10 of us.
1: Bheed leke aaye ho?!
Me: We are a batch of 240 sir and we always want to go for the best! No wonder we are here.
(He was looking at some papers, and suddenly looked up at me. For a second, I felt like the words didnt work, but then looked at him confidently in the eye)
1: So, u want to do an MBA right after grad, why?
Me: Told him all my career objectives, that I want to set up something and I have to work somewhr before it. Having worked in committes in campus, I realise I need more skills and all..
1: Why dont u go for work-ex?
Me: MBA is only beginning sir, I need to work in Marketing first and later start my venture.
1: In what? What is your interest?
Me: A magazine, I am interested in Journalism. I want to look at floating an e-zine!
1: What is it that you are least interested in or something that angries you a lot?
Me: Online gaming. (He was shocked at my impulsive response, I answered it as obvious as my name)

He showed his hand to 2, and the baton was passed.

2: What paper do you read?
Me: ToI.
2: Ahmedabad Edition?
Me: Yes.
2: Whos the editor?
Me: I don't know.
2: Whats your fave subject?
Me: Software Engineering.
2: What is CASE?
Me: Computer Aided Software Engg.
2: Do you SSIDA?
Me: No.
2: I am a layman. Tell me about Rational Rose.
Me: told about it, and then he asked about some testing tools and all.
2: What are the processes in Software Engg?
Me: Told them.
2: Whose role do you think is most imp in a Software Proj?
Me: Proj Manager.
2: Why?
Me: He does all the planning and monitors the development during all the phases. He is the interface to clients and all fundas of PM.

He passed me on to 3.
3: Do you think, in the age of Visual Media, print media can sustain?
Me: Quality, served in anyform, will be a sure shot hit, sir! I agree publishing has taken a beating due to advent of net and TV, but still there are renowned newspapers and renowned columnists. What sets them apart is Quality and I want to deliver that.

3: You said you worked in a team. Is there anything like step1, step2 for building a team?
Me: Fundas of team spirit and all!

3: You want to float a venture. Capital?
Me: I want to work before I start it, I will save till then.

3: That will be too small.
Me: I dont want to start something with fully my own money. I and my dad will make up to 25-30% of it, and the rest I will get from some Venture Capitalist.

3: Interesting. Venture Capitalist, why not a bank?
Me: Fundas of man-to-man relation, sharing my ideals, seeing the fire in me, having faith in me and all...

3: How does a Venture Capitalist work? How is he different from a bank?
Me: Explained.

1: Ok. Thank You, Good!

All in all, a nice interview too!

So folks thats from Delhi. Hope every thing turns out the way it has to be! :)

13 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 2:24 AM, Blogger Saraswathi said...

so de GD and PI went off well,everything will work out fine..
and yeah delhi is a awesome place....its got some magic abt it...

 
At February 12, 2006 2:31 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

okka mukka radu
one piece don't come
aipoya
i'm over

 
At February 12, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Prasoon said...

wow - it went wonderful so it seems..
great !! but then one things ails - u never roamed DELHI - shud've..

 
At February 12, 2006 3:09 PM, Blogger I Am Sam said...

dilli diwalon ki :P, i have been there for a long time, it's really a fun to spend time in chandni chowk and connaught place ..

best of luck for results..

 
At February 13, 2006 3:18 AM, Blogger Gururaj said...

make number 2 meet asim banerjee

 
At February 13, 2006 11:53 PM, Blogger enginerd said...

Awesome dude! I am sure Prof. Banerjee would be proud of you.

Whoever said SEN/SPM bakar isn't useful!!

 
At February 14, 2006 12:21 AM, Blogger [Amod] said...

that was gr8!! you didn't mention that it was IITD interview, for non DA-IICTians..SEN always works yaar..undoubtedly!! and how were you able to make ou from his voice that he has multiple calls???

 
At February 14, 2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Gururaj said...

he had call waiting facility :P

 
At February 14, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Pandhu said...

hmm definitley looks like a good one da. can't wait for the results!

 
At February 20, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Y.M. said...

hey obviosily DELHI S an awesome place!!!!!!!!and delhi s far better den any other city in india..i Love delhi...!!!!and i can write my thesis on delhi!!

anyway , congrats ..it seems u had a good gd pi...wen ll u get d results?best of luck for dat!

 
At February 22, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

visiting your blog after a long time. Was very busy. Looks like I need to do a lot of catching up.

Am sure you would have performed well in GD. PI you seem to have cracked. Willl you join IITD?

Me too visited Delhi for the first time a month back. I liked it though didn't have much of an opportunity to roam around. But the metro is awesome.

And yes, how did you identify that thing from the guy's voice? Am curious.

What next?

 
At February 23, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

If you start an e-zine, won't online gamers tempt to increase your revenue ? Just kidding :)

 
At March 03, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Arpit said...

visiting dis space after a long time... d00de awesome interview.. you knocked dem out cold!!

so king going to IITD...!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home