The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Friday, May 26, 2006

:P

The title is apt for two reasons: It played a havoc (almost) in my life a couple of days back and you might end up with that expression after reading this post because this has got no aim, its another shot in the dark! It may excite you, or embarass you!

I felt modes of communication like mail, messages etc where a person neither sees the other's face nor hears to him was effective as it was helpin us communicate. But then I realised these can only transfer information. For a perfect communication, we need emotions. We need to see the actions and reactions of a person. Probably to ease this problem, we introduced emoticons, one of which is the topic of this post. But, when they are missed, say due to space constraint or due to sleepy head, both of which contributed to me, the result is misunderstanding and chaos.

What does this mean? Are we so much inclined to use these things that we cannot put forth our simple emotions without an inclination to use them? We fail to understand the mood of the other person in messages and mails if the text is not appropriately assisted with emoticons whom we believe guilelessly! I use emoticons skillfully to guide the other person into believing that I am in a mood that I am potrayin to be! :P Now guess my mood!

Its tough to communicate when you dont see or talk to the person, but its easy to interpret it in some way or the other. We communicate A, the other person understands B and finally what we are left with is a C, Communication Gap! :( Couldnt help using the emoticon

Far from the freaky things, had been to the City of Destiny Vizag for two days. A very short trip, but I had a very good time. Probably because I was in the company of DA-IICTians again! The company did it all. Seeing the best of your friends back after a break does you a lot of good! Coming to the city, I know it isnt as great as I am thinking it to be but I am in love with it, as of now, thanks to the weather these two days and wonderful people and time I had there! The weather, the beaches, the walks, the bike rides everything was so damn good there!

A new city actually teaches us a lot! When its guided, with friends taking you everywhere, you love the place and when its totally new, you explore it and results may vary! Anyway, as I sit back in front of my pc I definitely feel I should have had a longer trip in Vizag, less for the place and more for the friends! :) Again an emoticon

4 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Saraswathi said...

haha...your post did make me put this icon:p

well dats true,mails and msgs just help us to bridge the distance between ppl but then the perfect emotions can be put forth only when u meet and talk to the person:)

u gave the A,B,C's of communication:p

Long since i saw vizag:(

Finally my fav icon:D

 
At May 26, 2006 7:18 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

What's exactly the point ? :S

 
At May 27, 2006 11:31 PM, Blogger I Am Sam said...

missing all cllg frnds :( gals :( ..

btw one get away easily and pulling legs became easy task..
mama how many new f frnds in IITD :P..

 
At May 28, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Sagar Das said...

somthng tells me u've had a sordid exp for not using the icon :P wisely, and has affectd u to the extent of comin up wid dis post. But u still manage to keep us in the dark while makin' ur point. come out wid it, we "ALL :P" will undrstnd don't worry.

btw wen hav u bn to vizag. nvr knw of dat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home