The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Carry On

To say 'Carry On' is very easy, but to do it practically is very tough. In the last few days in the campus, I realised this the tough way. With every knock on the door symbolising adios to a good buddy, my heart droops and I feel like a kid forcibly being pushed out of home to attend school.

Friends here have been the best, and the diversity of people around here is awesome! I havent ever dwelled with a more diverse crowd, honestly! I love the place, its people and to realise that the clock is ticking is hell.

To carry on is tough, I am at loss of words as I type this also. There is a lump in throat as I see every face I consider a friend tell me their leaving dates. Though we will try and keep touch somehow, that wouldnt be the same as what and how we are here.

Added to all this, some unfortunate incidents to closer people hurts more! There is grief in close circles but am happy we are sticking by each other. A phone call rattled me a couple of days ago. Ironically, this call came right after a friend called me to tell how happy the day had been. I was floating in that happiness, and then the phone rang and a thunderbolt passed through me.

Fortunately, there was just another friend who stuck with me and the talk help alleviate the grief both of us were trying to put up with. That moment, most of my friends were out and I realised that without their support and words, I wasnt able to contain myself. Then, what will be the situation two days from now when none of them is going to be around? Am I the only one feeling so or is there someone else feeling the same?

All said and done, I am in love. I love DA-IICT and its people.

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Gururaj said...

can u believe that people cannot believe that they are leaving their friends? It is so unbelievable that people are not thinking about it, but yet, it is the obvious.
p.s.- people includes me [:p]

 
At May 18, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger laksh said...

king, its life and we have to go thru all these...enjoy ur last days at DA-IICT...

 
At May 18, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger PSR Chaitanya said...

We already are missing u.:)

 
At May 20, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Dheedo said...

its natural , it happens and sill we need time to feel it.....but before u can be sad about it, you'll have new set off people and things around yourself......the past always seems good for its predictability and its good experiences......the new remains risky and unpredictable....but thats life.....you are bound to grow up and go away...away first from the homely comforts, then from college friends and so on..... as u say carry on...i dont really know what to carry...theres nothing i can leave behind.....its all part of me....
do i need to remember anything abt my life at DA-IICT????? only if i cud forget any of it!!!

 
At May 24, 2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

Come back nuts and fail two courses each.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home