The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Here I am...

Finally, here I am after a long hiatus, a self-imposed exile perhaps! Have been busy with too many other things to blog, but had to come back to one of my first loves when I found myself incomplete. Blogging has somewhat become a part of my daily life, not that I post everyday, but I do spend a good amount of time reading blogs everyday. They are my first major source of information.
What compelled me to write even without a topic is a couple of enquiries whether the last post had anything to reflect on this blog and I am finally here to say that it was just a coincidence that the break came after that post.
I always wonder what is the motivation for people to work so much and that too so much beforehand. For something after two months, I have started to worry and sweat now and I realised that this is the first time ever that such a thing is happening to me. But, I was surprised when I realised that people around me have been sweating for the same mission from more than what time is left now. Not that I wasn't here then. I was very much here, but I didn't realise or feel the need to sweat. Why? Perhaps motivation!
Initially, I told myself its the typical undergrad's thing. You wont work until the sword is on your neck, but what the heck (pardon the rhyme), all those who were toiling hard in the hard summer were undergrads too... Just like me! So, definitely there was something more than what met the eye and that's motivation.
When working towards a common goal, the only thing that differentiates people is Motivation. When people stay in hostels like me, with no parental guidance, the only thing that keeps them going is Self-Motivation. Probably, when independent, one has more responsibility of motivating self apart from the regular achieving after getting motivated.
Whatever the result, I am happy I smelt the coffee before it got cold and am happy to be working for something so early for the first time in life. Its great to be working hard. The best way to live a day is work hard, study harder till you get enervated and then hit the couch only to wake up to another day of sweat and toil.
Little things in life give a lot. A movie like Cinderella Man gives a will to fight, a success of a friend in an exam gives a will to perform and the will of a friend to carry on in adversities gives a ray of hope and a friend always there to understand, forgive and stand by you gives you solace. Honestly, hostel life has everything you can ask for and more!
Sometimes, you tend to lose your breath in the crowd, sometimes you cannot stand someone, but always the undercurrent of solidarity and togetherness gives you a reason to cheer, a reason to celebrate and a reason to live life kingsize!
As anywhere else, differences do occur and you have your rough patches, but life is to carry on despite all differences and thats the USP of hostel life. The best days in hostel are birthdays, the college festivals and the exams. Probably exams, apart from being loathed for all the other reasons, are loved by every hostel student for the reason of bringing friends together. It's a damn good feeling when 10-15 of friends get in one room to decipher all classes that they haven't attended. Their might sometimes be no value addition at the end of such session, but there is always friendship addition.
Anyway, what was I supposed to be talking of?
Memory beats me again, but it's definitely a great feeling to be among words again, to blog out all your feelings. Blog is perhaps the best medium when u want to say m things to n people. :)

3 Comments:

At September 30, 2005 9:24 AM, Blogger nag said...

so u r working hard....gud sign man ....keep it up

 
At September 30, 2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Arpit said...

No topic in mind.. still such a well written post, makes a great read.

 
At October 01, 2005 9:01 PM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

oh hostel life sure rocks....u strt learning so much abt urself...what effects u...what gets u outta tht effect..what u need at times....etc etc...and of all time management...oh i dunno i its a big deal or not...but its pretty irritating when i cant get my share of dayz sleep coz i end doing a paper i need to submit the next day...[:D]

well well...its all fun and yeah the working hard part....surely gives u a bundle of satisfaction...[:)]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home