The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Monday, July 04, 2005

Life et al

Imagine a windy, rainy evening with songs in the background and friends yakking around to glory. A couple of guys enter the room in a heated discussion and infuse some new thoughts into the group.
Venue: My room
Two guys: Raj n Rahul
The point they were arguing upon was 'In-born talents'. Raj says everyone has some in-born talent and Rahul says thats completely due to upbringing and everone's the same when born or is it vice-versa. Whatever, thats the two chaps and thats the two ideas they brought.
When people serenaded me for my stand, the zephyr I was blowing away in till then came crashing down. I had no clue of what exactly my stand was.
If I go with in-born talents, whats the importance of upbringing, society, education and all? If I go with upbringing, why aren't children of all educated, well-to-do parents happy and well settled? I wanted to go for the horizon between the two. But, they were adamant that their sky and earth never met. I tried to barge away myself from that discussion somehow.
I really don't know about everyone's talents and upbringings, but I know one thing for sure. The moment we are born, we spawn a new thread in the system of life cycles. A thread that treads its own path among infinite untrodden paths. In the 1200 people I live in, there are 1199 unique lives I see. Some one's bereaved, some one's happy, someone's anxious and some one's befuddled. At any point of time, no two lives are the same. Going down the annals of their lives, we find no two samples same. Every one had their own lives till now and will have their own lives henceforth.
College, neighbourhood, orkut, blogger are all platforms that we have made to take stock of whats happening around us. Hows some one high up there being to everyone around us? Life is the only thing thats completely my own. Ofcourse it was given to me by someone else, but it's for keeps! If ever there comes a matter of giving it to somebody else, I am the lone stakeholder. Life is past, present and future. I never repent my past, never think of future. All I have in hand is present and I have the habit of looking at whats in hand, not whats hidden behind the bush. Thats why I believe in living life to fullest, something my friend Raj echoes!
Whatever's hidden in the future will definitely strike you on time, because it has to! You can't do anything about it. And because something's going to come, you can't wait for it. All you can do is carry on and it's always better to optimise things. So, do it to the fullest and the best.Life for an undergrad is nothing but a preface in a voluminous book, but it had lots of lessons to teach and the best way to weather through pages of this book is to accept all the changes it besieges upon you. Accept them and imbibe them into yourself to get an aggrandized version of yourself, v1.n+1. Thats what you are after every nth minute of your life.
These are lessons life has taught me, some recent some congenital(No debates here!).You consider something your life, you get acquainted to it and cannot disassociate yourself or any other stakeholder from it, then suddenly someone gets bereaved and your castle comes crunching down. Its not the end of the road for anyone, but still life has been unfair to someone or is it the otherway round?
Developments in someone's lives influence you so much that you lose control of yourself, just when a dear friends enters, not necessarily next to you in mere physical existence and soothes you and calms you down. Thats life. Getting better every moment!
So, even now as you are reading this and thinking of your life, all you have in hand is the best moment of life that you ever had. Live it to the fullest, don't waste it!
I know there are lots of things to be read in between the lines here. It won't be news to me if someone feels a part of this completely uncomprehendible, because as I mentioned, life's different in every territory.
All I can say at the end of it is thanks to each one reading this on the behalf of every one else because unintentionally you leave a mark on other's lives and others leave a mark on yours. You should be thankful to each one of them.

10 Comments:

At July 03, 2005 10:18 PM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

louly...

 
At July 03, 2005 10:18 PM, Blogger Gupt said...

In born talents?? Every person is born blank. I belive that evrything cmes 4m the interest and hardwork that they put in any activity. One may find sme things mre facinating than others and naturally (s)he concentrates more on them resulting their excellence in those areas. Therz nothing impossible. we can achieve nything if a perfect mix of dedication, concentration and effort are vested on it....

 
At July 04, 2005 1:41 AM, Blogger Gururaj said...

....!@#$%^.....
:x
I said tht there are no inborn talents.....and bobli was vice versa..U r disgracing my ebitre clan of supporters..

Anyway, Absolutely spellbound by the way those five minutes we ate ur head turned into a beautiful blog And I love seein my name up in other's posts :D

 
At July 04, 2005 6:00 PM, Blogger I Am Sam said...

When a child comes into this world, he has some basic instincts-it's the parental guidance, circumsatnces, behaviour which metamorphise it to talent. I would not say every person is born blank but with some vague aptitude..which can be developed into a talent through a blend of hardwork and dedication..

 
At July 05, 2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Arpit said...

hehe raj came to my room while i was reading ur blog nd said u have to believe in my philosophy.. its my way or the highway. well at dat time i said ya all are born equal.

but since he's gone now.. my true views... i feel every1's one born wid some in born talents, and ur upbringing can either groom dat talent aur completely abolish it. and i too believe in the philosophy life life king size, kyunki kal ho na ho... hehe cheesy lines!!

and well read alchemist yest, and the concept of 'maktub' striked me.. follow ur destint nd realize ur dreams..makes senese... isnt it?

anywayz nice post be!!

-mOroN-

 
At July 05, 2005 1:46 AM, Blogger sriram said...

i support bobli's views that evryone's born wid an inborn talent...and the perfect livin example of dat is u.. and some ppl i know...
guess wat ur inborn talent is...d art of flattery[;)]...man ur d best

 
At July 05, 2005 3:04 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

Kutte Kamine
I did not know you had the "talent" of switch-a-roo. Now quick and ascribe the views to the respective persons.

And for the uninitiated I've already given substantial examples in this matter. For instance
Arku @ gaming
Voodoo @ talking

Creativity and intuitive instincts are not developed by mere practise. They are beyond achievement by investing efforts. We've seen prodigies in every field (which sadly I cannot quote because I cannot recall). Be back with more information on this later :)

And Naresh change it fast X(

 
At July 05, 2005 10:47 PM, Blogger Y.M. said...

hey... i do think ppl are nt born with in born talent..the concept is itself controversial...how can that be possible that few babies got some talent since birth and rest dont..its kinda absurd idea to digest...and its all about a person's attitude , his parent's support, school , college...there are loads of factors which helps a person know his likings, interests n all....i dont think i support the idea of in born talent,,,

 
At July 06, 2005 8:06 AM, Blogger Gururaj said...

Yey....I hav the majority here!! :p

 
At July 12, 2005 1:11 PM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

There is talent and there is aptitude. there are few who are lucky to have inborn talents. but talent can be created by practise and Russia has been doing that. the ones wid inborn talent need to work if they wish to use it which is generally not the case so prodigies remain prodigies while the successful ones who make it big are the ones with the aptitude, hard work, perseverance, etc.

also, u r definitely correct in saying that everyone is unique(ironical, though it may seem)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home