The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Masquerade of Emotions

Disclaimer: Though the heading is a straight lift from STUD Steve's page, the content is n't. I used the heading bcos I feel it suits the content better.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all those meetings, designs, docs and phases later, SEN is finally done. The last week I was trying to subside a myriad emotions in myself. I felt many things about many people. Several days away from orkut had taken away from me whatever I called fun and I was left between long codes, longer reviews and longest docs!!! Then, there were elections. Actually, I don't like to write my life in my blog, only my feelings but here as my last week was so full of roller coaster of emotions and feelings, I am compelled to intersperse some narrations here and there. Pardon me for that!
Elections have proved again that no matter how talented people are in terms of studies, they are n't wise. It reinstated the fact that results dont guarantee wisdom. The sight of toppers and the so-called talented people of my batch askign for votes generated a deep sense of pity for them in the deepest lanes of my heart. Asking for votes in the sense of campaigning through your agenda is ok, but when such so-called great people stoop down to lower levels and cheaper tactics of politics and power play, I lose respect for them and I have lost it. Then again like Chitra in one of her poems wrote 'Left always has a Right'(read it here), there are also people who are the examples of talent and wisdom in excellent proportions. In such a category, I rate Pabari and Shalabh among the first. They are real talented people, but always have their feet on ground and head on their shoulders.
Then again coming back to elections, I hate the concept of vote banks in this third year of engineering. I hate it when people say I won only because there are many people from my region and regionalism won the game for me. Thats the reason I agreed when one of my friends also asked if he could also nominate. I wanted to see if people really trust me. The important point to note here is that I, at no instant, made him a scapegoat or anything like that. When he expressed his desire to contest alongside me, I just thought as above. Anyway, these elections are politics are shit better not written of. There are lots of misunderstandings that occur in such cases and a couple of them happened this time too, though very unfortunately.
Then, the last week saw the end of SEN project, which I think really was a source of value addition. I realised myself through SEN. I realised that people are tough things to manage and a team is always something you need to work for. I had excellent company there and to lead them was an icing on the cake. The project has no doubt enervated me, but it also satisfied me. It was a very good team-building exercise and ya, all this does not mean I am in love with the course nor do I like the prof. So guys plz don't bash me! All I said was it was nice working in that team and leading it.
Now that SEN is over and three weeks for exams left, life is expected to be busy and this is the time when emotions touch an all-time high. This is the toughest part of the semester and I expect to sail through it happily this time. Thats wishful thinking ofcourse!

10 Comments:

At April 12, 2005 12:15 PM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

hmmm so u won the elections eh...congrats...what elections were they re?

and something big on the way ha...ALL THE BEST 4 ur exams...

ur posts really dont make engg sound so boring re...:) and it kinda makes me look fwd for mine....:)

 
At April 12, 2005 12:22 PM, Blogger shriesh said...

Hmm...Regionalism and Elections...Have u anything in mind that can separate those two?

Looking at the comment, did u win?
Then, y are u complaining?

 
At April 12, 2005 1:21 PM, Blogger Prasoon said...

now that SEN is over n you have won th elections and the exams a lil too far, can we plan out a bash? I owe one right and I'm in mood for one if therez consent..Bore dude of life, ya but make in within this week..
What say?? u go to movies n that too without informing me, abe i was a team leader too n sometimes i too demand a break but have no company. Would u take the pains to enlighten us by your mere presence alongside me..

 
At April 13, 2005 5:07 PM, Blogger Gururaj said...

To Naresh And SeN........

 
At April 14, 2005 12:40 AM, Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

I believe that regionalism was not a factor in ur victory. believe me, i haven't come acrosses a single soul who resented ur election. People trust u and do not mind at all giving partly in ur hands something as important as their placements. So cheer up and get on with business. Meri job laga de yaar!

 
At April 14, 2005 4:13 PM, Blogger shaan said...

hey man !!
though reginalism plays an important role, in our campus .. some people rise way above it !!
u are ine if them.. (and there are many more ).. se how fun its to rise above region religion and in our case batch too.......
Thats why i call u king Naresh !!
cheers

 
At April 15, 2005 3:17 AM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

that certainly is wishful thinkin :P...
i agree wid vivek - u were not elected bcoz of regionalism. u deserve 2 get me a job...hehehe...
and regardin sen, i more than agree wid u. i made gr8 friends n realised the importance of working in a group, importance of workin regularly(i learn dat in every project :D), however i still dont get the point of making so many reports...they r completely software dependent n not all softwares need them, i guess...
hail sen, to hell wid bakerjee? ;)

 
At April 16, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Smartalec said...

echo raj, viki, shaan, bhavesh!
let ppl think what they want to! you're a born hero n leader n thatz what matters! ppl trust u n have immense faith in u, dude! u've got to live up2 that like u have done always! u know u're probably d first "politician" i have lots of respect for:P!
and congrats for getting done with SEN! all d very best for viva...

 
At April 16, 2005 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naresh, I wasnt here on election day, but If I were here then I'd have voted 4 u... though u r not frm my region. Regionism got momentum due to my region only.
and rahi SEN ki baat, Tu To Yaar!

 
At April 16, 2005 10:14 PM, Blogger anubhav said...

actually could not comment on ur blog title 'women'..coz urls blocked in my hostel(it has women in title)..so i am commenting here..
i feel extremists male/female chauvinists or feminists are mostly driven by their own selfish motives..

but i guess its vice versa sometimes we suffer coz profs are biased towards girls and sometimes they suffer coz society(in some places) is biased towards men..

see christianity for that matter... ..clergies(man created/edited gospels) have blamed women for original sin and women dont have equal clergical rights in christianity..just an example..social evils also can be considered...

but what they experience could be termed as atrocity and what we experience are problems..u may feel i am being a feminist be ..its true to certain extent as i feel..

idea of equals always sounds more sane but ...man's psyche must change and he must balance by neither being biased towards females nor being a male chauvinist..

btw nice blog u have here..

carry on..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home