The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Women!

Women... I have never given this word a separate thought. I never felt the need to divide my set of acquaintances into men and women to analyse it. Only headlines about Womens' Reservation and such things made me sometimes ponder over the existence of bifurcation in human mind based on sex.
When I joined this institute, I was neither a feminist nor a misogynist. As I said, women were just human beings for me. Then, in this semester, in a course that I luckily didn't opt for, people witnessed the bitter side of feminism. No offence to women or feminism though, but under a chauvinist prof, girls got a free hand to portray their rally for feminism through their presentations. I luckily missed them all, but my friends who suffered and also lost marks for not being feminists had their woes to decribe.
Now, getting down to business, discussing with a friend of the tough times he had to face in the course due to feminism, I accidentally read an article about women and feminism yesterday. Feminism and chauvinism apart, I feel there are women in everybody's life and they form an integral part of him. Then, though I hate jingoists of feminism, I though I would pen down my thoughts for my women.
Narrowing down to my life, I have three women in my life worth writing of. The first one is my mother. She is the sole reason why I am here. She taught me to learn, to live, to ask, to give, to fight at the right time and stand for the right thing. My main motto behind writing this blog is to write of her. I miss her sooo much! Ya... I am a momma's boy. People look at my communities in orkut and tell me that and I am proud I am one. I remember all my childhood when I knew nothing else but my mom. I am sure everyone reading this would agree with me on the fact that mom is the best thing to happen to any child, at least the boys will because I heard mom's boys n dad's girls. Never heard it the other way, often wondered why! Whenever I embark upon something significant in my life, I make it a point to assess how significant it is to my mom. I really feel lucky to have her. Of course, who would not love his own mom!
Then comes my sister. She has been my inspiration throughout my life. When people compared us and told me that I should be able to match up her achievements in exams etc... she would ask me to play my own game and be completely myself. She taught me individuality and she taught me respect, respect to self and to others. Whenever I failed to meet my goals or dreams, I would look upon at her for solace and she was always there. Now, when she is n't in this country, I all the more feel her dearth in my life. I am waiting like hell for her to come back.
I earlier had this notion that no woman can come into this list except my mother n sister, but one woman won the game unawares. She is my friend Ramya. The very name brings smile to my face. We have been classmates for two years, within which we never spoke to each other and started speaking(rather mailing) only after we moved away onto different platforms of life, for which we are highly indebted to our common friend Raj. She has been a great friends and a shoulder to rely on. Though I haven't spoken to her in person yet, we share a wonderful chemistry and a great relationship. The relationship is complex. We value each other and we respect each other. I like her maturity and her attitude to life. The way she handles situations has mesmerised me. She is an enigma in herself. She is a friend to fall back on in times of distress.
Ofcourse, at the end of it, I for myself cannot make out why I wrote this but I am sure that these women are a crucial part of my life. While I personally don't like people to be feminists or chauvinists, I would say women are perfectly like men and should be given equal platform and respect.

17 Comments:

At April 15, 2005 10:09 PM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

Yaar when did you discuss that course wid me? :D

 
At April 16, 2005 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

abguvat nobhg irahf be fwy?

Strange thoughts but true ones..
Me waiting for an answer to my question.

 
At April 16, 2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

I would say women are perfectly like men and should be given equal platform and respect.

needless to say....perfectly agreeable...:)

 
At April 16, 2005 4:20 PM, Blogger Smartalec said...

neither do i remember pouring out my sad story in front of u:D!!
anywayz, feminism is good! making use of it to an extent that it becomes feministic chauvinism is too damn much!
and ur post really made me senti:(! i miss my mom(i'm a mumma's boy too) and sis! and my dad too(me a daddy's pet too:P)!
gals deserve an equal footing with men in everythin but they have 2 fight for it! making some innocent guys, who can't even escape from d LT for d fear of an F, suffer by making them listen to all such bullshit abt gender dimension of aids n all that crap n how males r solely responsible for things ranging from aids to break-ups in friendships, is not gonna work! heeeeelp

 
At April 16, 2005 4:25 PM, Blogger Smartalec said...

and hey! when r u gonna reveal d name of d 4th woman in ur life;)?!?!

 
At April 17, 2005 1:05 AM, Blogger shaan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 17, 2005 1:07 AM, Blogger shaan said...

arrey i very well know the female chauvinist ...... she wears her chauvinism!!!!!!
thought knowing al the wonderful women in u r life !!!!!
i guessed u missd 1 though !!
ne ways therz a dream of world free of the word reservation, and all kindda groupisms .. but thats too much to desire for !!!!
but still i desire !!!!!!!

 
At April 18, 2005 9:58 PM, Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

So nice a post! So candid. So emotional.

I now miss my mom soooo much!

Even I m a Moma's boy and am glad to be one.

And yes, I was an eye witness to all that BS about females being given a raw-deal by we guys, being puked by a few feminists of our batch. How come that paticular group of a few girls of our batch has become so fond of picking up cudgels against guys for no reason whatsover?

 
At April 19, 2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm!nice post abt womens....
u r very emotional...i felt like tht....y u r so?

hey mom was so sweet....really do do everything 2 thuer childrens.....i m so lucky in tht...:)

Sister...i m unlucky here...i don hve...but hve brother...my cute bro...

Hope Ramya n u yuppieeeeeee forever....guessed u forget the fourth name of gurl in ur life...hehe:)

 
At April 20, 2005 3:48 AM, Blogger Myndfcukd said...

nice one, mate.There are indeed differences in the way the human mind treats the two sexes. Guess there ARE a few people who try not to, but still....

 
At April 22, 2005 10:59 AM, Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Made me smile :-)

'I would say women are perfectly like men and should be given equal platform and respect.'
I agree to this one!!

 
At April 23, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger sriram said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 27, 2005 2:44 AM, Blogger sriram said...

dude huz ramya?

werent u tryin for somebody else in college, or hav u moved ahead in life[;)]

 
At April 27, 2005 8:40 PM, Blogger Ankur said...

watever u call...i just happened to check my blog..saw ur comment..visited ur page...and that blog on women...just took me for a ride..n lemme tell u naresh...was for some reason or the other..feelin down in the dumps and just then i happen to read a lucid piece frm ya...almost was a sucor for me...

 
At May 05, 2005 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey naresh surely words work wonders... and the thing about women and then about feminism etc..etc... and u tell abot mom... wat r u confused or r u tryin to confuse... hehe its not women that r enigmatic but ur attempt to justify that they are same.... yes ofcourse maybe u were the last one to get tht point dude

 
At May 24, 2005 3:54 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

Choose from the
Women:
a.Weaker Sex
b.Opposite Sex
c.Fairer Sex
d.All of the Above
e.Some other combination from the above

 
At June 06, 2005 3:37 PM, Blogger Y.M. said...

oh naresh...i m gonna love u for d last line dat guys n gurls r same....!!...u r one of dose v few guys who dint get into a fight abt whose better...n yeah its v diff to find suhc nice frens like ramya...never let her go...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home