The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Monday, August 08, 2005

Yeh Dosti....

A boy born and brought up in a small village in a southern state of India knew nothing except his mom for the first 2-3 years of his life. No big deal, because thats what every child goes through! Then, he joined school, he cried everyday to avoid school, he didn't want to go there for he knew none except his elder sister there. Again no big deal, because every one of us feels the same. He somehow gradually developed a liking towards his school and finally started enjoying it and life was going fine.
Then, his family shifted to the big city of Hyderabad and he was moved a palatial bungalow in a village to a small 3-room flat in a big city, which to him seemed to have no borders. He later realised all these years he has lived he had to leave and he could take nothing with him into his future, not the school, not the friends... He was worried again. Some times depressed, sometimes frustrated! He loathed change and indignantly marched towards a school that seemed to house all the children in the world. He felt nostalgic and a magnetic force used to pull him in the nights. But then, he again managed to scrape through and started enjoying life pretty soon and then again as life progressed went to a junior college and then joined a college, all the time the scale getting bigger and the fear and frustrating turning miniscule! Again today, on Friendship Day, when he recalls it all, he smiles! No, he isn't Stupendous Man of Calvin fame, he is me... or for that matter with a little change in nomenclature he is you and he is all of us!
Today, as I call, message and greet my friends, I realise that it has been friends who have helped me carry on at any point in life. Of course, not that I had seen enough, I realise every one owes a part of his or her happiness to his friends.
There are friends whom you are in regular touch with, friends whom you would like to meet but you cannot, friends you would like to emulate, friends you would like to learn from, friends come in all shapes and all sizes and are with you all times. Of all my friends, the friends I love the most are the friends I have made in DA-IICT. Friends from my place, friends from my wing, friends from my group, friends from my projects, friends from the activities I have participated in and friends whose legs I have pulled in orkut :P.
I sometimes regret nit having enough time to keep in touch with all my friends, let them be from the remote place I have been born in or let them be the friends I use orkut and mail to keep in touch with. I regret having to use orkut and blogger to keep in touch with friends in the college also. The platform changes, but the feeling sustains! I hope all my friends understand this and my promise... Yeh Dosti Hum Nahi Chhodenge!
Though I don't feel a necessity for a special day to commemorate friendship between friends, I take this as an opportunity to reach out to all my friends, to all those people whom I care for! These are people I don't think I can alienate from any of my days.
There are some people whose legs I have to pull through orkut, some people whose art I have to appreciate through online mediums, there are people whom I have to reach out only through mails and phone. All these friends of mine are so very dear to me and I dedicate this one day of my year to all of them whom I really really love, respect and care for!
Happy Friendship Day

7 Comments:

At August 07, 2005 11:43 PM, Blogger Gururaj said...

*** 3 non-gay hugs and a warm greeting later***
U r finally adjudged as most friendliest man of DAIICT all credits to me...for gettin u tht post :p

 
At August 08, 2005 3:29 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

ChoDenge dum magar, tera blog na choDenge ! :D

 
At August 08, 2005 7:00 PM, Blogger Y.M. said...

oh yeah life without frens would hav been so dull...
n coll frens r special cuz u share this entirely new experience / new world wid dem...u discover urself in coll n u do all sorts of weird experiments n ur frens r ur crime partner......the first bunk..teh first crush...the first ragging...the first fag..teh first booze...the first date....the first "F"...the first time wen u hav to wait for ur results outside d coll notice board!.....these moments r soooooooo special....n ur frens make them more special...

 
At August 08, 2005 9:08 PM, Blogger I Am Sam said...

tty phodu hain... happy friendship day

 
At August 08, 2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

A very happy friendship day buddy to you too.

Who knows next year when we wish each other on this day, where will we be? Sad na? But this is life!

Till then, keep rocking.

 
At August 09, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

...Todenge dum magar, tere saath na chodenge... Dost kabhi humse alag nahi hote, hum unhe hamare dil mein liye ghoomte hain... A belated friendship day on blogger!
One misses their old friends but I guess this is life :(... One is separated from old friends so that he/she can spread the goodness from those friends.

 
At August 10, 2005 8:07 PM, Blogger Anjalika said...

"a frnd is someone who likes to watch the same tv programs that u do"(peanuts)
lol....ironically funny,ha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home