The Enigma

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Veni Vedi Veci

What a start to my vacations! The flight was late by a few hours, mind you the journey was just one hour, but then enjoyed a lot after reaching home. Was busy the first day at home and could nt catch up with friends, bt the second day, i.e. yesterday was amazing! I had an awesome day.
I dont like describing my days in this blog, but this one definitely needs a mention. My friends Reva, Dhinesh had come down from Singapore for a short trip and I wanted them to have lunch at my home. Called them over for lunch, and invited Saraswati too, for I wanted her to visit my home too. She being a Tamilian and a warm and affectionate person, I knew she would have a good time with R&D(Reva and Dhinesh for the uninitiated :P ). My mom and dad were happy to play hosts to people so lovely. In short, these guys did what I wrote in the topic. Veni, Vedi, Veci! They came, they saw, they conquered... all of us!
I must agree that Tamil dominated the day, but I feel Tamil has some sort of magical power in it that drags you to it. Though couldnt contribute, I did enjoy the Tamil conversation a lot and these guys were good enough to put it as much as possible in English just to pull me in :). And guys, when you are in Singapore, tune in to the local channel to listen to Dhinesh sing. He is an awesome singer, so good tht he can mesmerise even with a sore throat! Reva once again proved to me that it is not necessary to meet people first to make good friends of them. We, me and Vinod, felt she got attached to Hyderabad and friends down here within this short time, for she was feeling something I cannot exactly find words for at the airport.
Our only regret was that we couldn't see them off going to check in. We had to drop them at the airport a couple of hours earlier.
Friendship is an amazing thing. It does this magical thing to you. It casts an enigmatic spell on you, which you can only feel but never express. Looking at my friends circle, I feel I should be takin Tamil classes soon, for I dont want to be at lack of words when we meet in a group again :P.
It feels nice that there are friends who trust you a lot! With each person trusting you, a sense of responsibility and attachment towards them arises in you that you would want to sustain for life, for life is all about making yourself count, in thoughts and hearts of people. I feel I am richer in life whenever I make a new friend. :)

8 Comments:

At December 10, 2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Saraswathi said...

heyy..first time commenting on ur blog..yeah yest i really had a gr8 time all thanx to u!the food,the converstaion and all it was just perfect..haha..and yeah u shud be learning up tamil.may be i will present u with a book "learn tamil in 30 days":P

 
At December 11, 2005 6:08 AM, Blogger Pandhu said...

Hi Naresh,
hahaa..sorry about all that tamil thingy. i was just telling saras how exciting it is to talk tamil when you are outside Tamil Nadu.
I mean i could have spoke telugu (since Vinodh wasn't there to laugh at me) but its ok. I will brush up on it, and speak to you guys Telugu when i come there ok?

Saras, the book doesn't really help. Just speak Tamil to him and force him to reply to you in Tamil. That will be faster for him to learn.

Looking forward to the good times again yaa....Don't let the flame die!
Cheers

 
At December 11, 2005 12:57 PM, Blogger Alaknanda said...

yo! tamil rawks!! :D
I am already partly decided on taking it next sem..or atleast get a book and start learning...the best part is you can actually watch rajnikanthz movies in his orginal voice :P and what not?!
great that u already started having fun...i still have 5 to go!! i ll b done by the weekend wooohooo :D

 
At December 11, 2005 4:16 PM, Blogger Shankari said...

C'mon boy, show some Andhra power and CONVERT them all to telugu!

Just kidding...

 
At December 12, 2005 12:32 PM, Blogger Mirage said...

Good friends are the greatest wealth u can acquire...and from the looks of it, ur pretty rich! :)

 
At December 13, 2005 11:49 PM, Blogger anubhav said...

hey how was ur CAT...enjoy ur vacations...

 
At December 17, 2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Leela Vinod Kumar said...

"Saturday, December 10, 2005"

era, bloglo entry chesi vaaram avutundi..???

 
At December 21, 2005 12:40 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

wot is this tamil praise all ov a sudden . nares pakis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home